- Duration: around 4,5 h
- Photos allowed
- Visit of Murano and Burano
- Prosecco wine toast
What to expect
- Semi private tour with expert tour leader
- Luxury boat with refreshments on board
- Visit of Murano Island
- Visit of a typical glass factory
- Visit of Burano Island
- A glass of Prosecco
Islands of Venice
Islands of Venice
The best of Venice lagoon
Take part in our semi-private tour that will allow you to admire the Venice lagoon and the islands of Murano and Burano, all aboard a luxury boat.
You will meet your expert tour leader at the St. Mark’s Square dock and you will gently float on the waters of the Venice’s Grand Canal.
From this privileged point of view you can admire the wonderful Venetian palaces that overlook the canal, creating special lighting effects, colors and reflections. Crossing the lagoon, we will head towards the characteristic island of Murano, famous all over the world for its production of blown glass objects.
In ancient times the first glassworks were located in Venice but since the workshops were made of wood and were often responsible for dangerous fires, in 1291 the government decided to move them to Murano. Here the glass handicraft production has been developing over the years, and during this tour you can also visit a furnace and admire a craftsman at work!
You will be amazed at the ability to work such delicate material with great skill and create the most disparate objects like vases, ornaments in the shape of animals, chandeliers, jewels and much more...
After this unforgettable experience, you will board your luxury boat again where you can enjoy soft drinks and refreshments, in an atmosphere of total relaxation. After about half an hour of navigation, we will arrive at the island of Burano, a charming fishing village. The distinctive feature of this place that will immediately strike you, are its enchanting streets full of super colored houses overlooking the canals, which will transport you to a magical and timeless atmosphere.
Burano is also known all over the world for its handmade lace craft, the tradition of which is linked to the fishing activity carried out in the village which also included the repair of the nets.
There is also time for a final stop at the island of San Giorgio (in some cases it could be replaced with the Giudecca) for one last breathtaking view of this city built on water. The perfect conclusion of this tour will be to enjoy a fresh glass of Prosecco before returning to Venice’s dock.
What is included
- Expert tour leader
- Luxury motorboat with refreshments on board
- Visit of Murano and a local glass factory
- Visit of Burano
- Toast on board with Prosecco
- Children between 4 and 12 years old (valid identity document needed)
Infants between 0 and 3 years old (valid identity document needed)
St. Mark's Square: meet us under the column with the lion on the top, in front of the Doge's Palace.
- The tour is conducted only in ENGLISH
- The meeting point is located in VENICE in St. Mark's Square, under the column with the lion on the top, in front of the Doge's Palace.
- Tickets will be sent via e-mail within 24-48 hours after purchase (weekdays) with all the instructions on how to get to the meeting point.
- We inform you that, once booked, the date and time selected are binding. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the starting time.
- We recommend you to wear comfortable shoes.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Please note that Italy's law doesn't permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 18 y.o. so clients under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
- It is necessary to inform us of any food intolerance/allergy in advance, as well as any eventual dietary restrictions.
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.