- Duration: around 13h
- Photos allowed
- Seafood lunch
- Admire the Amalfi coast
- Visit the archaeological site of Pompeii
What to expect
- Private tour
- Full day tour by luxury minibus
- Visit the UNESCO World-Heritage of Pompeii
- Seafood gourmet lunch, with wine and limoncello
- Magnificent views of the Amalfi coast
- Visit of Positano
Pompei & Amalfi
Pompei & Amalfi
Pompei & Amalfi
Discover the Amalfi Coast
A full immersion in history, archaeology, a trip in full comfort through breathtaking coastline sceneries and staggering views: this one-of-a-kind private tour from Rome to Pompeii and along the Amalfi Coast is a truly unique opportunity for you and your group of family or friends to visit some of the most remarkable landmarks in the entire country and, perhaps, the world.
Our private Tour Leader will welcome you on board of a luxury private vehicle where you will travel in complete comfort. Priority tickets await you at Pompeii, along with your personal local guide, and you will enter the UNESCO heritage archaeological site. You will be immediately surrounded by the strikingly well preserved collection of the remains of what once was a thriving port city, destroyed and completely concealed from the surface as a consequence of the enormous explosion of the Vesuvius, the volcano nearby, which covered the entire city with ashes and pushed the seafront miles away. The astonishing discovery of what was still lying under the ground, buried but strikingly well preserved, was made accidentally over 250 years ago.
The set of almost perfectly maintained monuments and buildings you will have the chance to admire from up close is truly astounding, and walking the once busy streets of the city, passing by what once were bakeries, restaurants and inns, you will feel as though you were literally travelling back in time. See the house of the Vettii and the frescoes there, the homes where ancient Roman noble men and women used to live, the Forum, pulsating center of the city life, the superb amphitheater, the Temple of Apollo and of Jupiter, the Basilica, and visit the thermal baths and many other landmarks.
Once the visit is over, it’s time to head towards Positano on a spectacular ride following the coastal road. The views from this panoramic route are simply impossible to describe: a breathtaking succession of gulfs and coves, the deep blue sea and the tall mountains leaning over it, tiny and delightful villages surrounded by groves and fruit gardens, the road stretching windy up and down the coastline through tunnels and on bridges over deep chasms.
It will be over too soon when you will finally reach Positano, an enchanting sea town, arranged in terraces on the steep slope of the mountain, around a sheltered bay. Once a village of fishermen, in recent times it has become home to numerous and renowned artists. You will be delighted to walk its narrow streets, visiting the characteristic shops, before finally stopping at the best dining place in town, where a typical lunch is waiting for you. Savoring exceptional food along with good wine, you’ll finish with the best coffee in the world and a good sip of the best kind of the signature liquor, limoncello. The beach is your final stop, if you would like to take some time to just relax and enjoy the sun before getting back on for the safe and comfortable trip back to Rome.
Please note: in case of traffic and crowds, the order of the visits may change accordingly.
What is included
- Round-trip transportation from Rome by luxury vehicle
- Private English-speaking driver/tour leader
- Guided tour of Pompeii site with entrance tickets
- Positano visit with free time
- Seafood lunch with wine and limoncello
PIAZZA BARBERINI, meet us in front of the Fountain
- The meeting point is located in ROME in PIAZZA BARBERINI, meet us in front of the Fountain.
- The tickets will be sent via email within 24-48 hours after purchase (on weekdays) with instructions on how to get there and what to do to enter.
- We inform you that, once booked, the date and time selected are binding. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the starting time.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Please note that Italy's law doesn't permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 18 y.o. so clients under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
- It is necessary to inform us of any food intolerance/allergy in advance, as well as any eventual dietary restictions.
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
- Please note that visits order may be switched depending on traffic and crowds.