- Duration: 2 hours
- Priority access
- Photos allowed
What to expect
- Tour with a licensed Campania Region Guide
- Skip the line and don't waste you time
- After 2 hours of guided tour you can stay inside for the rest of the day
- Listen to the fascinating history of the ancient Romans
- Admire the Forum, the Baths, the temples of Apollo, Jupiter and Isis, and much more
Walking through the ruins
Founded around the VII century, Pompeii was conquered by the Romans in the III century and had such a large urban development with the construction of the Forum, some temples and many houses. In 79AD it was entirely buried by the eruption of Vesuvius and remained hidden for about 1700 years.
In 1748 by the will of Charles III of Bourbon it began the excavations that, in a discontinuous manner over the years, brought to light this wonderful archaeological area, which in 1997 became part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
Inside the archaeological area you can find private and public buildings such as:
- the Forum, the heart of the city that was enriched with statues never found and overlooked by the most important buildings of the city.
- the Temple of Apollo, one of the oldest of Pompeii, it was built between 575 and 550 BC.
- the Temple of Jupiter, named for the discovery of the head of a Jupiter's statue.
- the Lupanar, the most famous brothel of Pompeii characterized by many erotic paintings on the walls.
What is included
- Entrance with priority access
- Local guide officially authorized
- After the guided tour, stay inside as long as you want
- Reservation fees
- Access to temporary exhibitions
The following options can be purchased in addition to the tickets in the booking Wizard on this website.
- European Union citizens between 18 and 25 with valid ID
- European Union citizens under the age of 18 years old and over 65 years with valid ID
- Temporary and permanent teachers of Italian public and private schools equipped with the appropriate documentation issued by MIUR
- Disabled citizens of the EU and a family member or escort belonging to social and health care services
The ticket is valid 1 day, starting from entrance time. After the guided tour you can stay inside the site as long as you want until closing time.
The tickets will be sent via email within 24-48 hours after purchase (on weekdays) with instructions on how to get there and what to do to enter.
We inform you that, once booked, the date and time selected are binding. 15 minutes before the starting time, meet the guide at the Infopoint of Via Villa dei Misteri n.1 (inside the Circumvesuviana train station, platform 1). Please note that you do not have to enter the Pompeii Ruins from the main entrance, but you have to go first to the meeting point specified above. Who does not respect the time booked will not enter.
You will receive two vouchers: the first one for the guided tour, that you have to show to the Infopoint of Via Villa dei Misteri n.1; the second one for the entrance to the Pompeii Excavations, that you have to show to the ticket office.
7 years ago
"A very good tour, unfortunately I can't remember the guides name but he was brilliant, very good knowledge and able to answer all our questions as well as showing us the best sights."
7 years ago
"Guide was very knowledgable. Group size was very good. I had hoped to see more than three people suspended in time. Overall it was a good tour. "