- Duration: around 4,5 h
- Photos allowed
- Visit of Murano and Burano
- Prosecco wine toast
What to expect
- Private tour with expert tour leader
- Luxury motorboat
- Visit of Murano Island
- Visit of a typical glass factory
- Visit of Burano Island
- A glass of Prosecco
Islands of Venice
Islands of Venice
Admiring the craftsmen at work
This private tour represents a unique opportunity to visit the two lovely cities of Murano and Burano and come into contact with their ancient traditions, and at the same time admire from a unique point of view the complex and wonderful lagoon ecosystem, formed by the waters of the Mediterranean Sea that insinuate themselves into the coast and between inlets and small islands, meeting the fresh waters coming from the Alps.
Embark on a private motorboat fully stocked with refreshments and glide across the silvery waters of the great Venice lagoon while learning about the city's history and peculiar traits and features. You will soon drop the anchor in the port of Murano, one of the most populated centers in the area, comprising seven islands separated by narrow canals. The local tradition of blown glass is of worldwide excellence and uniqueness. This is where the exceptional handicrafts typical of Venetian culture come from: in fact, the production of glass was moved here from the main city since the fourteenth century. You will even have the opportunity to see the artisans at work, visiting their workshops and observing the glass blowing process!
You will then continue your private journey to discover the local culture after another short sea trip, after which you will stop in Burano, a fishermen town. You will be immediately struck by its colors and the wonderful blooms overlooking from the balconies. But what represents the artisan production of Burano, and what makes this town famous in the world, is lace, woven with a process and with the use of techniques handed down from generation to generation by the women- you can stop in their small shops and maybe buy some. Take away with you beautiful stills with postcard-perfect views and landscapes never seen before, as an indelible memory of this day.
At the end of this unforgettable day, you will embark again for Venice, and you will soon be back on the mainland ready for a greeting toast, not before stopping and visiting the island of San Giorgio (or Giudecca) with its channel and its eight islands.
What is included
- Private tour leader
- Private luxury motorboat with refreshments on board
- Visit of Murano and a local glass factory
- Visit of Burano
- Toast on board with Prosecco
St. Mark's Square: meet us under the column with the lion on the top, in front of the Doge's Palace.
- The meeting point is located in VENICE in St. Mark's Square, under the column with the lion on the top, in front of the Doge's Palace.
- Tickets will be sent via e-mail within 24-48 hours after purchase (weekdays) with all the instructions on how to get to the meeting point.
- We inform you that, once booked, the date and time selected are binding. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the starting time.
- We recommend you to wear comfortable shoes.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Please note that Italy's law doesn't permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 18 y.o. so clients under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
- It is necessary to inform us of any food intolerance/allergy in advance, as well as any eventual dietary restictions.
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.