- Validity: Only on the day/time purchased
- Photos allowed
- Panoramic view of Florence
What to expect
- Climb to the top of the Giotto's Bell Tower
- Admire Florence from above
A beautiful climb
It will certainly be hard to climb more than 400 steps, but the view that will open before your eyes will pay off all the effort. From the top of the Bell Tower you can dominate Florence and admire at your feet glimpses of Duomo Square and the city center that you would not otherwise have the opportunity to see.
This tower, which today with its 82 meters stands out on the square next to the Cathedral of Florence, was realized during the 1300s by Giotto, and then finished in some parts by Andrea Pisano and Francesco Talenti.
What is also striking about this monument is all the sculptural decoration of the exterior which in fact presents panels and lozenges depicting Arts and Crafts, the Planets, the Theological and Cardinal Virtues, the Seven Sacraments, as well as 16 niches that house as many all-round sculptures depicting Prophets.
What is included
- Ticket valid only on the day and time purchased
- Reservation fees
- Climb to the top of the Bell Tower
What is not included
- Guided tour
- Audio guide
- Children between 7 and 14 years old (valid identity document needed at the entrance)
Free Ticket (it is still required to pay the presale) :
Children under 7 years old (valid identity document needed at the entrance)
Any handicapped person accompanied by the certificate of disability and the escort
The ticket is valid ONLY on the day and time purchased. Only 5 minutes early and 5 minutes late from the booked time are allowed. Who does not respect the time booked will not enter.
The tickets will be sent via email within 24-48 hours after purchase (on weekdays) with instructions on how to get there and what to do to enter.
IMPORTANT NOTE: access to the Bell Tower is not permitted with big bags and backpacks.
Ascent on foot of 414 steps. Elevator not present. The climb is not recommended for people suffering from heart, vertigo and claustrophobia, and for pregnant women. The ascent is forbidden to minors not accompanied by an adult.
- The monuments have a maximum capacity of people, in some periods of the year or special days you may experience short delays or waits not dependent on Italy Tickets.