- Duration: 1 hour
- Priority access
- Photos without flash
- Audioguide available
What to expect
- Multilingual audioguide on mobile devices via POPGuide app
- Priority entry to St. Peter's Basilica without queues
- Warm welcome and assistance by Roma Cristiana staff
- World's largest Catholic church and its masterpieces
St. Peter's Basilica in your pocket
Visit St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City at your own pace and in total autonomy without compromising in informativity thanks to the innovative POPGuide app for smartphones and tablets. The app uses advanced mobile technologies to bring to your devices custom itineraries and a rich variety of historical information and curiosities on the basilica's main features. POPGuide app includes multilingual audio guides and constantly updated information.
Following the POPGuide app's instructions, visitors will immerse themselves in an art and spiritual journey through the naves, chapels, and dome of this majestic religious complex. Behind its spectacular construction hide many world's art masterpieces, such as Michelangelo's Pietà. Believers will also have the opportunity to pray on the Tomb of St. Peter and other popes in the Vatican Grottoes, as an highlight of their pilgrimage to Rome.
Considered the largest Catholic church in the world, St. Peter's Basilica was originally founded around 320 AD under Emperor Constantine's request on Vatican hill, near the place where Peter, Jesus' first apostle, was crucified. The current basilica, built in the 16th century on its previous site, is an unrivaled Renaissance monument thanks to the contribution of Michelangelo, Bernini, Bramante, Maderno, and other artistic geniuses of the period. The roots of St. Peter's cathedral, however, remain unchanged: the papal altar still stands on the place of Peter's burial, as symbol of the Church's ancient mission that is renewed day after day.
What is included
- Reserved entrance with priority access
- Multilingual POPGuide app for smartphone and tablet (available in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Japanese, Chinese, and Russian)
- Welcome and assistance by Roma Cristiana staff
- Reservation fees
- Full-time entrance: stay inside as long as you want
What is not included
- Guided tour
- Audio guide
- Children from 0 to 5 years old
- People with 74% disability (valid identity document required)
- Carers of people with 74% disability
- Tickets are valid all day until Museum closing time starting from entrance time chosen when booking. Visit with POPGuide app is available every day except Wednesday, Sunday, and Vatican holidays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Once tickets are booked, selected date and time are binding. Please arrive in time at meeting point under St. Peter's Basilica right colonnade in St. Peter's Square. In order to reach the meeting point, walk on Via di Porta Angelica side, enter the colonnade after the newsstand, turn right, go straight ahead past the barrier with the “Porta di Bronzo” sign until you reach another, Police-controlled barrier.
- Tickets will be sent via email within 24-48 hours of the purchase (on weekdays) with instructions on how to get there and what to do to enter.
- Please download the POPGuide app from your mobile device store using a Wi-Fi or mobile data network, and print your booking confirmation where you will find your access codes.
- Visitors unable to download the POPGuide app can request a standard multilingual audioguide at an additional price at the welcome desk opposite the Holy Door, subject to availability (multilingual audioguides cannot be booked in advance). Standard audioguides are not inclued in this ticket. Italy Tickets is not responsible for unavailable audioguides and will not issue refunds.
- Visitors are invited to dress appropriately to enter the Basilica.
- Italy Tickets is not responsible for eventual lack of service caused by ticket offices or Holy Father's activities.