A tribuna do David

David Tribune

De 1504 até meados do século XIX o David, a extraordinária obra de escultura de Michelangelo, tinha sido colocada ao ar libre all’aperto, em frente ao Palazzo Vecchio. Em 1872 se começou a compreender a necessidade de proteger a obra-prima das intempérias colocando-o em um lugar coberto. A Prefeitura de Florenç a decidu então sua transferência para dentro da Galleria dell’Accademia.

Pensou-se portanto em criar um espaço arquitetônico, tarefa que foi atribuída a Emilio de Fabris, o arquiteto que deveria projetar a tribuna do David. Ele projetou um espaço em formato de quadrado para ser colocado no final do que então se chamava “Galeria dos quados antigos”, onde atualmente se encontra o Corredor dos escravos, com fechamento na parte superior por uma clarabóia, para ter uma ’iluminaçãonatural sobre a obra.

O David foi removido da Piazza della Signoria em 1873 mas naquele momento, por causa de imprevistosda burocráticos e de construção, a Tribuna ainda não estava pronta, faltava as paredes e o teto em clarabóia. Após os dez dias empregados para o transporte, se devia então fechar a estátua em uma estrutura de madeira que ficasse perto da Accademia, em campo por nove anos. Finalmente a Tribuna foi de fato concluída e aberta ao público só em 1882.

Compre Bilhetes online

Michelangelo's David continues to be placed in the Tribune, under the large skylight that gives natural light and flanked on either side by some Mannerist sculptures, as well as several works by Michelangelo, posed as ornament of his best known sculpture.

The statue is also ideally framed by works painted by artists of the XVI century as Cecchino Salviati, Bronzino and Alessandro Allori, exposed in the two side wings. These authors have been chosen to mark the contacts and the cultural influence that Michelangelo had on the artists of the period. We can therefore admire the Madonna and Child, St. John and Angel by Francesco Salviati, a pupil of Andrea del Sarto, who developed a long and extensive career in Florence, Rome and France. On the left we find interesting Florentine paintings of the XVI century. The work of Santi di Tito, the Deposition presents the Christ's body together with symbols of the Passion. On the right there is a work by Bronzino, another Deposition commissioned by Cosimo I de' Medici for the church of Portoferraio on the Elba Island, in which the dead Christ expresses anatomical knowledge and attention of Bronzino for the Pietà by the great Michelangelo. Then there is a painting by Alessandro Allori, the Annunciation, set in a sober room from the XVI where the Archangel Gabriel occupies much of the painting, transported in flight on a soft cloud. Another work by Alessandro Allori is the Coronation of the Virgin,  with a triumph of angels in flight and colorful floral species that frame the scene painted for the monastery of Santa Maria degli Angeli.

Compre Bilhetes online