- Validity: 1 day
- Priority access
- Multimedia tour
- Photos allowed
- Partially accessible
What to expect
- All ancient Roman landmarks with one combined ticket
- Reserved entrance to the Archaeological Area without queues
- Colosseum fast track – don't waste your time!
- Unique relics at Carcer Tullianum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill
- In-depth videos and augmented reality reconstructions
Relive the Roman Empire's glory days
Colosseum and Carcer Tullianum Combo ticket
Take a journey to the past at world-famous Ancient Rome monuments and archaeological sites. With one combined ticket you can access the Colosseum and the Carcer Tullianum Museum (also called Mamertine Prison), as well as the Roman Forum and the Palatine Museum. Enter the Archaeological Area through a reserved entrance, skip the line at the Colosseum, and discover how the real Republican Rome really looked thanks to multimedia reconstructions at the Carcer Tullianum.
Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
The Colosseum is the symbol of Italy's gigantic cultural heritage all over the world. This visit takes you inside the majestic Flavian Amphitheater, admiring its arena where gladiators and wild beasts fought for their lives and its four floors lined with arches and columns. Outside this old stadium, visitors can explore the once vibrant Roman Forum, the political and cultural heart of the city, walking through the ruins of its palaces, temples and markets. The Palatine hill and the Palatine Museum at its top recall the legendary origins of Rome and Romulus and Remus's story, with an exhibition of relics found in several Roman domus.
Carcer Tullianum Museum
Located near the Roman Forum, the Carcer Tullianum is a monument to Republican Rome. Here some of most famous enemies of the Empire have been imprisoned and executed, such as the Gallic general Vercingetorix. According to traditions, the water spring inside this prison was miraculously created by St. Peter to baptize prisoners and guards. An in-depth multimedia tour with tablets, including texts, multilingual videos, and augmented reality reconstructions, invites visitors and pilgrims to the explore the artworks and archaeological artifacts of this historical complex, as well as contemplating its spiritual mysteries.
What is included
- Priority access to Colosseum with fast track
- Videoguide tour with tablets at Carcer Tullianum Museum (available in Italian, English, and Spanish)
- Reserved entrance to Roman Forum and Palatine archaeological area
- Reservation fees
- Enter and stay inside as long as you want
What is not included
- Guided tour
- Children between 6 and 17 years old
- Children from 0 to 5 years old (Carcer Tullianum Museum only)
- People with 74% disability (Carcer Tullianum Museum only, not suitable for wheelchair users)
- Ticket is valid for 1 day. Meeting point and ticket collection is at Carcer Tullianum Museum in Via Clivo Argentario n.1, where the staff will print you the entrance ticket for the Colosseum. Museum and Archaeological Area are open from Monday to Sunday starting at 8:30 am.
- During the booking process, you will select the time of the visit to Carcer Tullianum Museum; Colosseum can be visited starting from 90 minutes later the Carcer visit.
- Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill must be visited within the same day. You can enter Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Museum only once.
- Reserved access to Roman Forum's Archaeological Area by turnstile located in Clivo Argentario next to Carcer Tullianum is available only during Archaeological Area opening hours and is limited to combined ticket holders.
- Tickets will be sent to you by e-mail within 24-48 hours of purchase (on weekdays) with instructions on how to arrive and what to do to enter.
- We inform you that, once booked, chosen date and time are binding. It is advisable to arrive 15 minutes in advance with a valid identity document. Please pay attention to opening hours.
- The Carcer Tullianum Museum cannot be accessed by wheelchair users due to logistical reasons.
- For security reasons, the Colosseum can accommodate a maximum of 3,000 people at the same time and all visitors will be checked with metal detectors, luggage included. Italy Tickets is not responsible for any delays in admission to the site.
- Please note that once booked this ticket cannot be modified or refunded.