- Duration: 3h
- Electronic ticket
- Photos allowed
- Coffee or ice cream included
- Earphones available
- Guided tour
What you will discover
- Follow the footsteps of Robert Langdon in Dan Brown's novel Inferno and discover the secrets of Florence
- Discover stories of intrigue and power among Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo and the Baptistry
- Admire the Brunelleschi's Dome, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Opera del Duomo Museum and the Santa Reparata Crypt
A journey through mystery
The novel Inferno, written by Dan Brown, and reported in the film version with Tom Hanks as professor Robert Langdon, opens in Florence and partly takes place in this city, among secrets and revelations. Symbols, magical and mysterious atmospheres and a lot of suspense are the elements that have made the fortune of the book and the film.
A guide will lead you through the streets of Florence in an intricate path of details, anecdotes and clues that will bring you to visit the most important locations of the book and the film.
The half-day tour will introduce you to Dante and his Divine Comedy, but you will also discover interesting information about paintings and details, as Botticelli's painting Inferno, its meaning and connections with the history of the Divine Comedy.
During the tour you will admire the Baptistery with its Paradise Gates and the Cathedral, where the guide will explain you the theme of symbols and codes described by Dan Brown. The tour will then take you to Palazzo Vecchio to admire the beautiful "Salone dei 500", the Hall of Geographical Maps and Dante's Death Mask. At the end of the tour you will have an interesting body of knowledge about Florence and its past, about masters such as Dante, Botticelli, Michelangelo and Vasari.
The tour will end with a coffee or an ice cream (included in price).
What is included
- Guided tour of about 3 hours
- Entrance to the Duomo (if accessible) and the Baptistery guided visit
- Entrance to Palazzo Vecchio with access to the Hall of Geographical Maps and to Dante's Death Mask
- Earphones for bigger groups
- Coffee or ice cream
- Florence guidebook
- Ticket to visit other attractions such as the Giotto's Bell Tower, the Opera del Duomo Museum and the Santa Reparata Crypt, to be used within 72 hours
- Children between 6 and 12 years old (valid identity document needed at the entrance)
Infants between 0 and 5 years old (valid identity document needed at the entrance)
- The tour is conducted only in ENGLISH
- The meeting point is located in Piazza della Repubblica at the corner with Via Pellicceria (right at the KIOSK – TOURS & NEWS STAND under the arches, on the left of the APPLE STORE) - Florence
- Tickets will be sent via e-mail within 24-48 hours after purchase (weekdays) with all the instructions on how to get to the meeting point
- We inform you that, once booked, the date and time selected are binding. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the starting time.
- This tour is not suitable for people with mobility disabilities
- Big bags and liquid bottles are not allowed inside the museums
- A dress code is requested to enter certain museums. Shorts or sleeveless tops are not allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. Failure to comply with this dress requirements could risk refused entry.
- Some of the halls of Palazzo Vecchio, Duomo and Baptistery could be closed for institutional events, in which case the itinerary could undergo small changes, without, however, affecting the quality of the tour.