- Duration: 90 minutes
- Priority access
What to expect
- Two multimedia shows inside Imperial Fora
- An unmissable evening event to discover ancient Rome
- Animated recreations of Fora's original look
- Evocative audio commentary
- Authentic archaeological relics
- Priority entry without queues
The Imperial Fora come to life
See Rome's majestic archaeological sites under a new light. This multimedia tour to the Forum of Augustus and the Forum of Caesar, conceived by renowned science journalists Piero Angela and Paco Lanciano, drag visitors into the events of the Roman Empire, evoking them in an emotional and immersive way. Light shows, animated images, and movies give new color to the ancient marbles and stones, while Piero Angela's explanations provide precious historical information and music adds to the atmosphere of wonder through the headphone sound system.
Forum of Augustus
Augustus opened the era of Rome's domination in Europe and the Middle East. This is why the Forum dedicated to him is particularly imposing: the area was dominated by a 9-floor temple, next to his gigantic 12-meter statue. Augustus's life is narrated by Piero Angela, while visitors watch from stand seats spectacular multimedia recreations of how the place looked at the time and evocative special effects projected onto the stones of the archaeological site.
Forum of Caesar
During the multimedia tour to the Forum of Caesar, you will walk among the marbles of the site accompanied by movies, animations, and audio explanations. The narrator examines how ancient Romans used this Forum while visitors stroll alongside the remains of offices, tabernacles, the temple of Venus, porticoes, and colonnades. The history of Julius Caesar is also analyzed, revealing the personality and hidden mysteries of this legendary man, adored and feared at the same time.
What is included
- Multimedia shows
- Audioguide with headphones (available in Italian, English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese)
- Evening entry to Imperal Fora
- Reservation fees
What is not included
- Guided tour
- Visitors under 26 years old
- Visitors over 65 years old
- Teachers on duty
- Journalists with Italian press card (professionals, practitioners, freelance)
- Italian Police members with identification card
- Groups of 10 people or more from Sunday to Thursday (holidays excluded)
- Every visitor from Sunday to Thursday (from April 13th to November 12th only)
- Children from 0 to 5 years old
- People with 74% disability (valid identity document required)
- Carers of people with 74% disability
- European Union Tourist Guides (valid permit required)
- Ticket is valid all evening until Imperial Fora closing time starting from your selected time slot. Forum of Augustus show lasts 40 minutes and is available every hour. Forum of Caesar show lasts 50 minutes and is available every 20 minutes.
- Visitors are required to wear headphones to listen to music, special effects, and multilingual audio explanation.
- Forum of Augustus includes reserved seats for 6 disabled people and one carer on special platforms for each show
- Tickets will be sent to you by e-mail within 24-48 hours of purchase (on weekdays) with instructions on how to arrive and what to do to enter.
- We inform you that, once booked, the chosen date and time are binding. It is advisable to arrive 15 minutes in advance with a valid identification document.
- Late visitors might not be allowed to join their group once the tour has started. Management reserves the right to admit latecomers in later time slots depending on availability.
- Animals are not allowed on stands and tour routes.