- Duration: 3 hours
- Priority access
- Mobile Ticket
What to expect?
- Visit acient stadium in the heart of Rome
- Explore Piazza Navona form a different perspective
- Enjoy a ride throuhg Rome on board of a comfortable bus
- Hop on nad off whenever and wherevere you want
- Skip the line and don't waste your time!
Piazza Navona form a different perspective
Where one of Italy's most famous squares - Piazza Navona - is located today, there was a stadium in ancient times. It was built in 85 AD by Emperor Domitian, who valued Greek-style sports competition. Domitian's stadium was 276 meters long, 106 wide and could accommodate 30,000 spectators. The venue, unlike the Colosseum, was used for bloodless Greek-style sports competitions. Games were held on it every five years to honor the Capitoline Jupiter. The competitions were accompanied by literary and musical contests. At the time, Domitian's Stadium was the only brick stadium of its kind in the world outside Greece.
After immersing yourself in antiquity, return to the surface and see Rome from a modern perspective. Board the Open Bus Vatican&Rome, from aboard which you will see the entire city and its most important monuments. An audio guide in several languages will accompany you on your comfortable journey. Get on and off wherever you want, whenever you want, to make the most of your time in the Eternal City.
What is included?
- Visit with audio guide of the archaeological area of the Stadium of Domitian
- Open Bus Vatican&Rome Hop On Hop Off 24H ticket
- Booking and management costs
What is not included?
- Guided tour of the Stadium of Domitian
- Anything not expressly indicated in the "included" section
- Languages available on board of the Open Bus: English, Italian, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Polish, Russian
- Reduced ticket for children aged 8-17
- Free Ticket for children under 8 years old (It is still required to pay the reservation fee to skip the line; valid identity document needed at the entrance)
Visit of the Stadium of Domitian
- To visit the Stadium of Domitian it will be necessary to show up 15 minutes before the booked entrance
- Reservation is mandatory
Open Bus Vatican & Rome
- Languages available on board: Italian, English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Polish, Russian
- Service availability: every day from Monday to Sunday
- Duration and Times: A complete tour takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.