- Duration: 3 h and 30 min
- Photos allowed
- Authorized guide
- Main attractions of Florence
- Breakfast on a terrace
What to expect
- Small group tour
- Visit with an highly qualified guide
- Walk through Florence's main streets and squares
- Guided tour inside the Palazzo Vecchio
- Relax with an Italian breakfast
The city of the Medici family
Start the day with an experience that will let you know the city called the "cradle of the Renaissance" and that will make you feel like a real Florentine!
Our expert guide will let you discover the true story of the Medici family, the most illustrious and powerful family of Florence, whose coat of arms with 6 large spheres is present in many corners of the city.
Let yourself be guided through the streets and squares that have been spectators of the life of this family, and you will understand how the city structure has been influenced by their presence and their artistic taste.
You will pass by Palazzo Medici Riccardi which was their first residence (then moved to Palazzo Pitti); a few steps from here you will find the San Lorenzo church whose simple stone façade hides a very bright interior.
Then you will visit the interiors of the Palazzo Vecchio (Old Palace) such as the amazing Salone dei 500, or the Hall of Geographical Maps, and you will also admire the Dante's death mask.
At the end of the tour, let yourself be cuddled by the other reason why many tourists go to Italy: the real Italian breakfast!
Imagine to climb some stairs and arrive at the top of a panoramic terrace where there will be a tasty croissant and a sweet cappuccino waiting for you!
With the background of the roofs and Florentine buildings, immortalize your day in a picture that will make all your friends envious.
What is included
- Local guide officially authorized
- Small group tour
- Walking tour of Florence
- Visit of Palazzo Vecchio
- Italian breakfast on a panoramic terrace
- Children between 6 and 12 years old (valid identity document needed)
Infants between 0 and 5 years old (valid identity document needed)
- The tour is conducted only in ENGLISH
- The meeting point is located in Piazza della Repubblica at the corner with Via Pellicceria (right at the KIOSK – TOURS & NEWS STAND under the arches, on the left of the APPLE STORE) - Florence
- Tickets will be sent via e-mail within 24-48 hours after purchase (weekdays) with all the instructions on how to get to the meeting point.
- We inform you that, once booked, the date and time selected are binding. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the starting time.
- Let us know in advance about any mobility problem so that we can assist you at our best.
- A dress code is requested to enter certain monuments. Shorts or sleeveless tops are not allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. Failure to comply with this dress requirements could risk refused entry.
- Please note that sometimes some of the halls of Palazzo Vecchio may be closed for institutional events so the itinerary of the tour may undergo some minor changes.