- Validity: 1 day
- Priority access
- Photos allowed
- Audioguide available
What to expect
- Get on board a XVII century Genoese galley
- Hall of Transatlantics with the possibility to explore ithe deck of a steamship
- Hall of 4D Storm to live real emotions
- Section on Italian emigration
Get on board the fun!
An exciting journey to discover seas and oceans and the different boats created over the centuries to try to tame them and cross them. From the rowing boats to the sailing ships, from the geographical explorations to the great Italian migration, you can get on board a Genoese galley natural size, admire a section dedicated to transatlantic with nautical maps, explore the deck of a steamship and virtually maneuver the boat from the wheelhouse, visit the Armoury with helmets, armours and weapons that were put on the galleys, visit interactive rooms that show how was life on board, and get on board a lifeboat in the Hall of 4D Storm that will let you try the experience of a storm in the open sea.
Four floors, 23 rooms, a roof terrace from which to admire the harbour and the historic part of Genoa, a full experience for those who love sea and ships. Relax and emotions for the whole family, and the possibility to discover all the details on equipment and the technical parts of the ships, to know closely the life of sailors, slaves and commanders on the sailing ships.
In front of the Galata is moored the Nazario Sauro, the biggest Italian submarine that can be visited in the water, which provides the opportunity to experience the living conditions of submariners on board a real submarine!
What is included
- Entrance with priority access
- Full-time entrance and you stay how long you want
- Reservation fees
- Access to temporary exhibitions
What is not included
- Guided tour
- Audio guide
The following options can be purchased in addition to the tickets in the booking Wizard on this website.
- Audioguide: available in Italian and English
- Children from 4 to 12 years (valid identity document needed at the entrance)
- Over 65 years (valid identity document needed at the entrance)
- Disabled people and invalids with paper certification issued by the competent authorities
Free Ticket (it is still required to pay the presale to skip the line) :
- Children from 0 to 3 years
- Assistants of 100% disabled people
The ticket is valid all day until closing time of the Museum starting from entrance time.
The entrance time written on the tickets may be subject to small changes depending on the actual availability of the Museum.
For a satisfying experience it is recommended to reserve at least 1 hour and half to visit the Museum.
The tickets will be sent via email within 24-48 hours after purchase (on weekdays) with instructions on how to get there and what to do to enter.
We inform you that, once booked, the date and time selected are binding. Please pick up your ticket at least 15 minutes before the reserved entrance. Who does not respect the time booked will not enter. To pick up the audio guide, you need a valid ID.
The Museum has a maximum capacity of people, in some periods of the year or special days you may experience short delays or waits not dependent on the Museum or Italy Tickets.
Children from 0 to 3 years old are not allowed to enter the Nazario Sauro submarine
- Inside it is forbidden to:
- throw objects along the path
- introduce animals
- eat or drink along the path