- Duration: around 5h
- Guided tour at the market
- Light lunch with wine tasting
- Local food tasting
What to expect
- Visit the Central Market in Florence (except on Sundays or holidays)
- Learn how to prepare home-made pasta... and more!
- Eat your lunch while tasting some wine
- Get your recipes booklet and a graduation certificate
A journey through the Italian flavours
Food is a very important aspect in the Tuscan and Italian culture. The Florentine cuisine is based on fresh, seasonal products, with vegetables, meat and - of course - home-made pasta. Learn to cook as a local with a cooking course that will take you through all the steps of preparing a meal: from shopping at the market to tasting at the table.
So, we will start doing shopping at the Central Market with a chef who will help you to choose the right ingredients and those of better quality. You will also taste some food and wine.
Then it will be the time to go to the kitchen and cook what you've bought at the market. Under the expert guidance of the chef, you will create a menu based on fresh, seasonal ingredients such as "bruschetta", home-made pasta (tagliatelle or ravioli), the sauce and a dessert.
Then you will taste everything (you’d better be an attentive student during the preparation!), all together, because in Italy food is conviviality, and accompanied by two glasses of Chianti wine.
At the end you will receive your graduation certificate and a recipe booklet so you will be able to cook the recipes of the Italian cuisine also at home.
What is included
- Visit of the city Market (except on Sundays and holidays)
- Tasting of food and local products
- Cooking class with a local chef
- All ingredients for lunch
- Use of kitchen and all necessary utensils
- Light lunch
- Wine tasting
- Recipes booklet
- Graduation Certificate
- Private Tour Upgrade: live this tour with a small group of people you know
- Children between 4 and 12 years old (valid identity document needed)
Infants between 0 and 3 years old (valid identity document needed)
COOKING SCHOOL, Via Panicale, 43red, 50123 Firenze, close to Florence Central Market
- The tour is conducted only in ENGLISH
- Tickets will be sent via e-mail within 24-48 hours after purchase (weekdays) with all the instructions on how to get to the meeting point
- We inform you that, once booked, the date and time selected are binding. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the starting time.
- When the Market is closed (on Sundays and bank holidays), its visit will be replaced with extra tastings at the cooking class location.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Please note that Italian law doesn't permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 18 y.o. so children under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
- It is necessary to inform us of any food intolerance/allergy in advance.